There are some other things to celebrate at PCS. God has brought our little school a long way in the past few years. It's not been without a lot of hard work on the part of the whole school staff.
- The school successfully completed a re-accreditation process. For Christian schools, accreditation is especially important because it is a mark of excellence, and it tells prospective parents that the quality of the education their children will receive will be high.
- We were commended, in the accreditation report, for our Christian distinctiveness. More than anything else, including the academic excellence we were also commended for, this was our main goal.
- Our current senior class has achieved an average SAT score of 1658, quite a bit higher than the state and national averages.
- Our Terra Nova achievement test scores, in grades 1-8 continue to show improvement that is well ahead of grade level expectations.
- We had 7 special needs students in our school in 2010. Today, we have 27.
- 34 of our students spent their spring break in the Dominican Republic, doing mission work.
- 95% of the students enrolled in our school last year, minus the senior class of course, returned to school here this year, and we added 44 new students. Enrollment has broken the 250 mark for the first time in at least six years.
- We are working to initiate an IPad in the classroom initiative with our ninth grade students. Hopefully, there will be some patience with this, as we have encountered some glitches, but we'll work those out and get it going!
Oh, and by the way, we are beginning the third year of our Warrior Legacy Fund, which provides scholarship money for qualified families. We have some needs which must be met, and a commitment to keep. If you would like to contribute, please put your check in an envelope and send i to
Portersville Christian School
343 E. Portersville Rd.
Portersville, PA 16051.
And thank you!